Last Updated: Aug 5, 2015
When searching for articles, you may find the full-text of an article linked in the database. If not:
- Most databases have a Check for Full Text buttons. Click the link to check our holdings.
- If there is not a Check for Full Text buttons, search Encompass to see if we have access to the full text in print or through another database.
If we do not have access to the article you need, request the article via Interlibrary Loan:
- Many databases have a Request on Interlibrary Loan or Request Item link or button. Click here to fill out a request form.
- If the database does not have an ILL link embedded, go to the Library Homepage -- Services -- Interlibrary Loan. Fill out the form. NOTE: Interlibrary Loan can take anywhere from a few day to a few weeks. Plan accordingly.
- Chemical and Engineering News
"News edition" of the American Chemical Society
- LexisNexis Academic
Provides full text of thousands of newspapers, magazines, broadcast transcripts, business publications, legal materials, and more.
- Science Daily
News articles, videos, and images in the subjects of health, math, and the sciences.
- American Chemical Society Web Editions
Abstracts and some full-text of peer-reviewed research journals in the chemical and related sciences
A service of the National Library of Medicine, includes over 14 million citations for biomedical articles back to the 1950's. These citations are from MEDLINE and additional life science journals. PubMed includes links to many sites providing full text articles and other related resources.
- Academic Search Complete
Large and diverse database that covers most academic disciplines. Contains both scholarly and non-academic resources. Includes many articles in full text.
- Google Scholar
An open-access search engine that looks for content it identifies as "scholarly" on the free web. Emphasis is on books and journal articles. Intended as a "federated search" to search across disciplines (weighted toward sciences and social sciences). Not always full text. Be sure to check library catalog to see if Muhlenberg has access to the full text.
Multi-disciplinary database providing the complete content--indexing, abstracts, and full-text--from six of Wilson's full-text databases.
Searchable collections of full-text journals across many disciplines. Contains full-text of many biology, botany, ecology journal titles. (Note: To restrict results to particular journals/disciplines, from Advanced Search screen, choose discipline category/ies.)
- ScienceDirect College Edition Health and Life Sciences
This database includes 1000+ full-text Elsevier journals in the areas of health and life sciences. Coverage spans 1995 to the present.
- Credo Reference
Credo Reference provides access to 325 reference works, including general and subject specific dictionaries, encyclopedias, fact books, guides, companions and more from over 60 respected publishers across 17 major subject areas--all online, all searchable from one search box.
- UlrichsWeb Periodicals Directory
Database that provides bibliographic information, including if a journal is peer-reviewed or not, on international periodicals. It covers all subject areas.
The ACS Style Guide: Effective Communication of Scientific Information - in Ready Reference - 808.06654 A187s
Most any item not immediately available in our library or in the research databases can be requested on interlibrary loan by filling out the appropriate form for articles or books.