Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Common Read
The Common Read at Muhlenberg College unites the community around a common reading.
Goals of the program:
- Provide a common intellectual experience for the Muhlenberg campus.
- Promote academic discourse through critical reading and the exchange of ideas.
- Foster a sense of community among students, faculty and staff.
- Integrate an academic and social experience into the campus community.
- Provide an introduction to the expectations of higher education.
- Encourage students to read beyond textbooks.
Past Common Read selections:
- 2019: Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
- 2018: Swing Time by Zadie Smith
- 2017: Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
The Common Read program is sponsored by the Provost's Office and Student Affairs.