Activating the NYTimes.com Pass
Trexler Library is happy to offer a NYTimes.com Academic Site License providing full access to news, multimedia, and archives of the New York Times. This access is only available to current Muhlenberg College faculty, students, and staff.
To ACTIVATE your PASS:
- While on campus, connected to our campus network, go to http://www.nytimes.com/grouppass.
- Using your Muhlenberg email address, click on ‘Create an Account’ or ‘Log in to Continue’ if you already have an account.
- If activated correctly, you should see a screen indicating the expiration of your pass (should be about a year later).
- Once activated, you may now access NYTimes.com from any device, from any location (using your email address as the username and the password you created for this NYTimes pass).
- The Group Pass must be activated while physically within our campus network.
- After activation, you must be logged in to your NYTimes.com account which is associated with your Group Pass registration (Muhlenberg email address)
- If you a current NYTimes Digital subscriber (using your Muhlenberg email), you will not be able to claim a pass.
- If you have a daily pass, that pass must expire before claim this year long pass.
- Other issues, contact Tina Hertel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or x3550.
Additional information on what is included with the NYTimes.com Academic site license, troubleshooting, and additional information.
Other Ways to Access the New York Times
In addition to this campus wide site license, Trexler Library also offers the following ways to access the New York Times.
- The print newspaper (recent three months worth)
- Microfilm (1857-2010)
- Online database subscriptions for online access through Lexis-Nexis or ProQuest)
Trexler Library will continue to maintain these other means to access the New York Times, especially given the restriction on using the NYTimes.com archive:
At this time, access to articles from 1923 to 1980 is limited to five articles for the entire duration of your Pass.