Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Activating the NYTimes.com Pass
Trexler Library is happy to offer a NYTimes.com Academic Site License providing full access to news, multimedia, and archives of the New York Times. This access is only available to current Muhlenberg College faculty, students, and staff.
To ACTIVATE your PASS:
- The Group Pass must be activated while physically within our campus network, either on campus or VPN. If you are off-campus and do not have VPN access, please use this link: https://muhlenberg.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://www.nytimes.com/grouppass.
- After activation, you must be logged in to your NYTimes.com account which is associated with your Group Pass registration (Muhlenberg email address)
- If you are a current NYTimes Digital subscriber using your Muhlenberg email, you will not be able to claim a pass.
- If you have a daily pass, that pass must expire before you can claim this year-long pass.
- Other issues, contact Tina Hertel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or x3550.
Additional information on what is included with the NYTimes.com Academic site license, troubleshooting, and additional information.
Other Ways to Access the New York Times
In addition to this campus wide site license to nytimes.com, Trexler Library also offers the following ways to access the New York Times.
- Online database subscriptions that include online access through ProQuest (1851-present)
- The print newspaper (recent three months worth)
- Microfilm (1857-2010)
Information about accessing any of the above three options are available here
Trexler Library will continue to maintain these other means to access the New York Times, especially given the restriction on using the NYTimes.com archive:
At this time, access to articles from 1923 to 1980 is limited to five articles for the entire duration of your Pass.